PVRShaman is a shader composer that loads PowerVR Object Data (POD) files and uses the PowerVR Effects (PFX) format to enable rapid prototyping of shaders for OpenGL ES 2.0/3.0 and OpenGL. PVRShaderEditor is integrated into PVRShaman, allowing users to benefit from syntax highlighting, per-line cycle count estimates and all of the other great features the standalone shader editing tool provides. The IDE is also capable of loading PowerVR Texture (PVR) files and a variety of other commonly used image formats. All of this is done with the addition of a visualization window, allowing users to get instant feedback on any changes made.
- WYSIWYG concept allows rapid prototyping of new shaders
- Loads and renders POD files
- Leverages the flexibility of the PFX format to manage shaders
- Built on top of the POD, PFX, and PVR resource loading code in PVRTools. This ensures that applications can easily load the same files in their own applications
- Integrated PVRShaderEditor. This allows syntax highlighting and shader performance estimates