All 4 texture units enabled/disabled at once. Bug?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  k0dek0mmand0 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello!

I’ve been attempting to work with multiple texture units in both the ES 1.1 emulator and PVRVFrame – the 2.10 version on Windows 7 64 bit, but in 32 bit mode.
    A funny thing happens: If I activate any texture unit and enable/disable it, all other texture units (4 are advertised) become enabled/disabled. Similar code on iPhone hardware works as expected: each texture unit is enabled/disabled separately.
    Has anyone experienced this? 
    Is this a limitiation of the emulator? If so, why doesn’t PVRVFrame work correctly?
    Is the ES 1.1 profile emulator still being developed?
    Here is a c++ code snippet to quickly reproduce:
    // start with ‘fresh’ context
    glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE0);
    int ena0 = glIsEnabled( GL_TEXTURE_2D ); // equals 0, OK
    glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE1);
    int ena1 = glIsEnabled( GL_TEXTURE_2D ); // equals 0, OK

glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE0);
    glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D); // enable unit 0
    ena0 = glIsEnabled( GL_TEXTURE_2D ); // equals 1, OK
    glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE1);
    ena1 = glIsEnabled( GL_TEXTURE_2D ); // equals 1, should be 0, not OK

chris

Hi there,

Thanks for the info. This is indeed a bug in the current version of the emulator. I’ll push an updated version onto the website soon which will fix this and a number of other issues. In the meantime if this is a blocking issue for you then send an e-mail to devtech@imgtec.com referencing this thread and I’ll hook you up with a development drop for your platform.

chris2012-07-06 14:43:48

Hello!

Thanks for this, the fix for this bug will really help me out.
    I think I’ll wait for the updated version of the emulator, since I’m currently busy on other projects.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.