CI20 and Android Wear

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Raffaele 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Raffaele

Hi guys, I am new to this forum.
    We are evaluating two different boards to run Android Wear on top of them.
    The question is very simple, did any of you tried already to run Android Wear on top of a CI20? We tried to reach out imgtec without any success so far.
    If the CI20 can run Lollipop then it’s almost sure it can run Android Wear but before purchasing another development board we want to be sure about it.
    Any idea, feedbacks?

raghu

We have kitkat available on CI20 now and plan to bring up lollipop in the future. We have not targeted CI20 as a platform for Android Wear. Since we ported many older versions of Android on very similar platforms before, we don’t see any blockers for Android Wear bring up on CI20.

Raffaele

Hi Raghu, thank you so much for your reply. At this point I will purchase one development kit and start to test drive the hardware also with different displays. Do you suggest any small OLED touchscreen display that fit well with the CI20?

raghu

You are welcome. We have not tried OLED touchscreen display on CI20 here. Keep us posted on your work though.

Raffaele

Update
    At the moment I am testing the Ingenic Newton2 which runs the same CPU of the CI20.
    I can say that Android 4.4.4 is running perfectly as far as the Wifi is turned off. Bluetooth runs ok but WiFi bomb cause the kernel is not using the WiFi properly somehow.
    I am now starting to create my own Android ROM starting from KitKat 4.4.4, as soon as I am done I’ll probably post a video here.
    Also I have plugged an AMOLED 320×320 with touch screen capabilities and it runs perfectly. Also Audio and webcam.
    Unfortunately it takes time, but next step is to give a spin to the CI20 which should have almost the same hardware of the Newton2

Any chance to test any available ROM of Android Wear? I am also looking into XDA forum but nobody got it working yet

raghu

Android Wear ROMs are Google proprietary and cannot be shared without Google’s consent. I sent you my email address through a personal message. We can further discuss this topic offline.

Raffaele

Got it, thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
The forum ‘Creator Platforms’ is closed to new topics and replies.