Collada2Pod Textured Example

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Gordon 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #29747

    Are there any example files (collada dae + texture file) that i can check my setup of collada2pod and shaman?

    I’m getting a crash whenever i try to convert any collada file that uses textures. I’ve tried the dice model from the collada test model bank with no luck. It would be very helpful to have a collada and texture file that is known to work with collada2pod -> shaman so i can eliminate any problems with the collada or texture file.

    #32877

    Scott
    Moderator

    Hi,

     

    The dice model from the test model bank works fine for me with Collada2POD GUI 2.02 and PVRShaman 1.6. Are these the versions you’re using? What export options do you have set?

     

    Thanks,

     

    Scott
    #32878

    I’m using the latest PVRShaman/Collada2POD linked from https://www.imgtec.com/powervr/insider/powervr-utilities.asp

    The dice model for me would convert using Collada2POD but the tga texture would not work (had the error “error: Could not load texture ‘dice.tga’. File may be corrupt.” in PVRShaman) i had to convert it to png and resize it to 256×256 for it to load, it would then load but crash.

    It seems that having no lights in the collada file or having spot/point lights makes it crash, I used the following lights generated from blender collada exporter for spot and lamp lights in blender.

    e.g.

              <light id=”Spot” name=”Spot”>

                   <technique_common>

                        <point>

                             <color>1.00000 1.00000 1.00000</color>

                             <constant_attenuation>1.0</constant_attenuation>

                             <linear_attenuation>0.0</linear_attenuation>

                             <quadratic_attenuation>0.0</quadratic_attenuation>

                        </point>

                   </technique_common>

              </light>

    Or

              <light id=”Spot” name=”Spot”>

                   <technique_common>

                   <spot>

                        <color>1.00000 1.00000 1.00000</color>

                        <constant_attenuation>0.0</constant_attenuation>

                        <linear_attenuation>0.16502</linear_attenuation>

                        <falloff_angle>75.0</falloff_angle>

                   </spot>

                   </technique_common>

              </light>

    Both crash when used in the dice collada file but directional lights in the collada file (“sun” lights in blender ) work without problem in the dice file.

              <light id=”Spot” name=”Spot”>

                   <technique_common>

                   <directional>

                        <color>1.00000 1.00000 1.00000</color>

                   </directional>

                   </technique_common>

              </light>

    Here are the export options used:

    bFixedPoint=0

    bFlipTextureV=0

    bIndexed=1

    bInterleaved=0

    bSortVtx=1

    bTangentSpace=0

    cS=2

    dwBoneLimit=9

    ePrimType=0

    eTriSort=3

    exportBoneGeometry=0

    exportControllers=1

    exportGeom=1

    exportMatrices=0

    exportMappingChannel=1

    exportMaterials=1

    exportNormals=1

    exportObjectSpace=1

    exportSkin=0

    exportSplines=0

    exportVertexColor=0

    fTangentSpaceVtxSplit=0.000000e+000

    psVcOptUVW[0].eType=1

    psVcOptUVW[0].nEnable=131

    psVcOptUVW[1].eType=1

    psVcOptUVW[1].nEnable=128

    psVcOptUVW[2].eType=1

    psVcOptUVW[2].nEnable=128

    psVcOptUVW[3].eType=1

    psVcOptUVW[3].nEnable=128

    psVcOptUVW[4].eType=1

    psVcOptUVW[4].nEnable=128

    psVcOptUVW[5].eType=1

    psVcOptUVW[5].nEnable=128

    psVcOptUVW[6].eType=1

    psVcOptUVW[6].nEnable=128

    psVcOptUVW[7].eType=1

    psVcOptUVW[7].nEnable=128

    staticFrame=0

    sVcOptBin.eType=1

    sVcOptBin.nEnable=135

    sVcOptBoneInd.eType=10

    sVcOptBoneInd.nEnable=15

    sVcOptBoneWt.eType=1

    sVcOptBoneWt.nEnable=15

    sVcOptCol.eType=1

    sVcOptCol.nEnable=15

    sVcOptNor.eType=1

    sVcOptNor.nEnable=135

    sVcOptPos.eType=1

    sVcOptPos.nEnable=135

    sVcOptTan.eType=1

    sVcOptTan.nEnable=135

    #32879

    Scott
    Moderator

    Thanks, would it be possible for you to send your .pod and .tga that crash PVRShaman and the collada files that crash Collada2POD to devtech@imgtec.com.

    Scott2009-04-03 16:32:10

    #32880

    I’ve sent an email with collada,pod and tga files. Just to clarify Collada2POD doesn’t crash only PVRShaman when opening the pod files.

    #32881

    Just in case someone encounters similar problems i had, the above problems were caused by using vmware fusion on mac using bootcamp works correctly.

    #32882

    Gordon
    Moderator

    We don’t support running the SDK under virtualization, I’m afraid. My personal experience under Bootcamp was that it works fine though (as you’d expect).

    Obviously, if you can get results from VMWare then feel free to use this. We are currently investigating Mac OS versions of our SDK utilities so hopefully there will be a better solution for Mac developers soon.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.