.config for 24k

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Satellit 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Satellit

I have a MIPS 24Kc WISchip V7.4 on a MIcronas, DHM8100-UCBGB1. I try to use the 3.10 kernel with the following .config. Is the .config ok, any comments or suggestions? Thanks in advance

https://mega.co.nz/#!I501hI4T!kD7DNoyu-vRadGDmIpMT_07mdRBVxGJtgekh1_xhIjI

Sean

Are you experiencing specific problems using this linux config? If so, please could you detail them.

Satellit

I have cross compiled (clfs 2.1) the kernel 3.10 without problems. How I am compiling module by module. At the end I want to build an executable with the new kernel instead of the 2.6 kernel. I don’t have specific problems but I want to make sure that I selected the right option.
    – I have an old config for the 2.6 kernel. The new kernel has much more options and doesn’t support natively the MIPS 24Kc WISchip V7.4. I selected MALTA?!?
    – I was asked which Release I could use R1 or R2, I took R1 but I don’t have a clue if this is correct.
    – There are many new drivers. I don’t know if I’ll need them at all. It just enlarges the executable. Is there a switch to turn them off?
    – I don’t need WLAN. Did I it turned off completely?
    – Do I have to turn on switches to make the executable make run on this processor?
    Many questions, I know. I am happy to get any hints. Thanks,
    BR Satellit

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.