Cross platform, backwards compatible, cross device app: How do you set up a project?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Stuart Neilson 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I'm going to be developing a cross platform app (Android/iOS) and want to be able to target MIPS Android as well as ARM and x86.

I also, want to target older devices (which will be ARM), I will be making it compatible with version 8 so I can test on my Galaxy S.

Now, I'll be using the NDK for the backend stuff and then create the UI on top natively linking to the compiled lib.

I have the NDK and MIPS SDK configured and set up with Eclipse. I've downloaded other SDK's from the SDK manager, and all works fine.

I just don't know how to create an Android project so that I can target all the versions up to ICS and all the architectures. do I have to set up sub-projects and create multiple APK's? i.e. pre-ICS (ARM/x86) and ICS and above(ARM/x86/MIPS)?

Also, even if I pick an older SDK, my debug configurations only list the MIPS AVD, not the ARM one. I don't know why.

Thanks,

Luke.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.