Dual Boot CI20 on an SD card

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yuguang 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Yuguang

For a benchmarking application which uses two partitions with one for benchmarking, I need to be able to dual boot Linux without manual intervention. Is this possible with the CI20? I know it is possible to set the device that it boots from with jumpers, but I am looking for a config file or a software interface. Two partitions on an SD card would also work given that there is a way to boot to the second partition.

ZubairLK

Hi Yuguang,

The hardware jumper just changes where the jz4780 processor checks for the first stage bootloader i.e. uboot.

After that, configurations/boot arguments are in software.

You can change them using serial console during boot so that the kernel command changes and /root points to a different partition on the sd card.

console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0 mem=256M@0x0 mem=768M@0x30000000 root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rw
    or
    console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0 mem=256M@0x0 mem=768M@0x30000000 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw

Regards,
    ZubairLK

Yuguang

I don’t see anything under the /boot folder. Where would I put the compiled boot script?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
The forum ‘Creator Platforms’ is closed to new topics and replies.