error while building meta 3.6

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sean 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

surender

while make on ubuntu 12.04

/home/user/Minimorph_1_0/GPL/buildroot/output/toolchain/gcc-4.2.4-initial/./gcc/xgcc -B/home/user/Minimorph_1_0/GPL/buildroot/output/toolchain/gcc-4.2.4-initial/./gcc/ -B/home/user/Minimorph_1_0/GPL/buildroot/output/host/usr/metag-unknown-linux-uclibc/bin/ -B/home/user/Minimorph_1_0/GPL/buildroot/output/host/usr/metag-unknown-linux-uclibc/lib/ -isystem /home/user/Minimorph_1_0/GPL/buildroot/output/host/usr/metag-unknown-linux-uclibc/include -isystem /home/user/Minimorph_1_0/GPL/buildroot/output/host/usr/metag-unknown-linux-uclibc/sys-include -O2 -g -Os -DIN_GCC -DCROSS_COMPILE -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wold-style-definition -isystem ./include -I. -I. -I/home/user/Minimorph_1_0/GPL/buildroot/output/toolchain/gcc-4.2.4/gcc -I/home/user/Minimorph_1_0/GPL/buildroot/output/toolchain/gcc-4.2.4/gcc/. -I/home/user/Minimorph_1_0/GPL/buildroot/output/toolchain/gcc-4.2.4/gcc/../include -I/home/user/Minimorph_1_0/GPL/buildroot/output/toolchain/gcc-4.2.4/gcc/../libcpp/include -I/home/user/Minimorph_1_0/GPL/buildroot/output/host/usr/include -I/home/user/Minimorph_1_0/GPL/buildroot/output/host/usr/include -I/home/user/Minimorph_1_0/GPL/buildroot/output/toolchain/gcc-4.2.4/gcc/../libdecnumber -I../libdecnumber -g0 -finhibit-size-directive -fno-inline-functions -fno-exceptions -fno-zero-initialized-in-bss -fno-toplevel-reorder -Dinhibit_libc -fPIC
    -c /home/user/Minimorph_1_0/GPL/buildroot/output/toolchain/gcc-4.2.4/gcc/crtstuff.c -DCRT_END -DCRTSTUFFS_O
    -o crtendS.o
    Assembler messages:
    Assembler messages:
    Error: Assembler messages:
    Error: Assembler messages:
    Error: Error: unrecognized option -minimunrecognized option -minim

unrecognized option -minim
    unrecognized option -minim
    make[2]: *** [crtbeginS.o] Error 1
    make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs….
    make[2]: *** [crtend.o] Error 1
    make[2]: *** [crtbegin.o] Error 1
    make[2]: *** [crtendS.o] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/user/Minimorph_1_0/GPL/buildroot/output/toolchain/gcc-4.2.4-initial/gcc’
    make[1]: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user/Minimorph_1_0/GPL/buildroot/output/toolchain/gcc-4.2.4-initial’
    make: *** [/home/user/Minimorph_1_0/GPL/buildroot/output/toolchain/gcc-4.2.4-initial/.compiled] Error 2

Sean

What arguments did you give make? You need to specify the arch. Have you setup the environment variable CROSS_COMPILE?

Sean.

surender

hi
    this error occured while make in buildroot for arch=meta (given in menuconfig), i assume CROSS_COMPILE is not required at this step

Sean

Having built buildroot, you will have to export CROSS_COMPILE as follows before entering the metag-linux directory:
    export CROSS_COMPILE=`pwd`/buildroot/output/host/usr/bin/metag-linux-
    The arch is ‘metag
    $ make ARCH=metag

Sean

The reason I suggest this is that it looks like you are using your standard gcc, not the Meta aware one. This is shown by the error:
    Error: unrecognized option -minim

surender

now im stuck at

arch/metag/kernel/cachepart.c: In function ‘get_thread_cache_size’:
    arch/metag/kernel/cachepart.c:65: error: implicit declaration of function ‘get_global_dache_size’
    make[1]: *** [arch/metag/kernel/cachepart.o] Error 1
    make: *** [arch/metag/kernel] Error 2

Sean

I’m not sure on that one – I’ll have to take a closer look tomorrow.

Just to check, did you run the following before running make?
    $ make ARCH=metag comet_minimorph_defconfig

surender

hi Sean
    i’ve done the following steps

in buildroot
    exported CROSS_COMPILE
    $make ARCH=metag comet_minimorph_defconfig
    $make ARCH=metag
    $ cp buildroot/output/images/rootfs.cpio metag-linux-2.6/arch/metag/boot/ramdisk.cpio

For building kernel
    $make ARCH=metag menuconfig
    $ make ARCH=metag CROSS_COMPILE=`my current path`/buildroot/output/host/usr/bin/metag-linux-

still im finding the same issue…

CC arch/metag/kernel/cachepart.o
    arch/metag/kernel/cachepart.c: In function ‘get_thread_cache_size’:
    arch/metag/kernel/cachepart.c:65: error: implicit declaration of function ‘get_global_dache_size’
    make[1]: *** [arch/metag/kernel/cachepart.o] Error 1
    make: *** [arch/metag/kernel] Error 2

i’ve seen a patch for meta 3.3, seems to be updated here in 3.6…still no clue

Sean

You appear to be building from using older documentation for the Minimorph SDK.

The following line is not in the latest documentation set and there are a number of other changes.
    $ cp buildroot/output/images/rootfs.cpio metag-linux-2.6/arch/metag/boot/ramdisk.cpio

If you look on https://www.imgtec.com/meta_insider/metaflow-sdk.asp you will find the latest versions of all of the files.

Please ensure you follow the instructions exactly as they are documented on pages 18, 19 and 20 of Meta Flow SDK.Reference Manual.1-9.pdf

Please confirm you have downloaded and are building from the following file:
    Minimorph_1_0-rel009.tar.gz

Please note that this cannot be unpacked over an existing build … it needs to be unpacked to a new location and built from scratch.

Regards,

Sean.

surender

hi sean,
    now i can build vmlinux, but it’s size is almost 50MB, suggest me to reduce its size
    comet board unable to load vmlinux more than 8MB

thanks
    surender

Sean

Have you included extra buildroot packages?

surender

Hi Seanr

i’ve disabled debug symbols, it worked for me
    thanks i’m able to work on it….

Sean

Great – let me know if you have any further issues.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.