Getting link error when trying to create and render the text using UIRenderer

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Shaun 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Fname

Hello,

I have to render a simple 2d text in win32 application, everything being compiled but getting folowing link errors:

Error LNK2005 “class pvr::EmbeddedRefCountedResource __cdecl pvr::createGraphicsContext(void)” (?createGraphicsContext@pvr@@YA?AV?$EmbeddedRefCountedResource@VIGraphicsContext@pvr@@@1@XZ) already defined in app.obj myapp D:\…\app\PVRGles.lib(ContextGles.obj) 1

Error LNK1169 one or more multiply defined symbols found trading_app D:\…\app\Debug\trading_app.exe 1

this is the code that produces link error:

class MyApp : public pvr::Shell {
       private:
          	pvr::ui::UIRenderer spriteEngine;
    	pvr::ui::Text myText ;
            // …
    };

pvr::Result::Enum initView() {
       //  …
       myText = spriteEngine.createText("some text"); // this is the line causing link error
       myText ->setAnchor(pvr::ui::Anchor::TopLeft, glm::vec2(-1, 0));
       myText ->setPixelOffset(30, -20);
    }

when calling createText function the link errors described above are thrown – I’m not understanding why it wants to create another graphicsContext !?

as additional info I’m linking the project against following libs:

PVRGles.lib
    PVRNativeGles.lib
    PVRCore.lib
    PVRAssets.lib
    PVREgl.lib
    PVRShell.lib
    PVRUIRenderer.lib
    libEGL.lib
    libGLESv2.lib

What Am I doing wroung ?
    How to get rid of the link errors ?

thanks

Shaun

Hi Fname,

It looks like you may have multiple includes or cyclic references meaning that the symbol createGraphicsContext (in this case a function) gets declared more than once and therefore causes a linker error. Also you do not need to link against either libEGL.lib or libGLESv2.lib (although that should not cause a problem).

If you could post the includes here that may be helpful in diagnosing the root cause. You could also delete the framework libraries and rebuild them. (found here: C:\\Imagination\\PowerVR_Graphics\\PowerVR_SDK\\SDK_2016_R1.3\\Framework\\Bin\\WindowsVC2010\\)

Regards,
    Shaun

Fname

Hi Shaun,

thanks for suggestions – well, actually I already had the framework libs rebuilt when was working on this app.
    Also I removed from the additional dependencies list libEGL.lib and libGLESv2.lib – and it threw 30 LNK2019 erros on gl function calls – but this is expectable, because I use openGL functions directly – not from gl:: namespace or in any other way.

I have got 3 header files with their sources and one main project file from where the application starts working.

shader.h
    //…std includes
    #include <GLES3/gl3.h>

shader_manager.h
    #include “PVRShell/PVRShell.h”
    #include “shader.h”

trading_graph.h
    #include <GLES3/gl3.h>
    //…std includes
    #include “PVRShell/PVRShell.h”

app.cpp (main application source file)
    #if defined(__APPLE__) && defined (TARGET_OS_IPHONE)
    #import <OpenGLES/ES2/gl.h>
    #import <OpenGLES/ES2/glext.h>
    #else
    #define GL_GLEXT_PROTOTYPES
    #include <GLES3/gl3.h>
    #include <EGL/egl.h>
    #endif

#include “PVRShell/PVRShellNoPVRApi.h”
    #include “PVRUIRenderer/PVRUIRenderer.h”
    //std includes
    #include “shader_manager.h”
    #include “trading_graph.h”

thanks

Shaun

Hi Fname,

In order to use PVRUIRenderer you must include PVRShell/PVRShell.h, this is because the UI Renderer relies on functionality provided by PVRAPI. I would suggest taking a look at the Intro UI Renderer which can be found here: C:\\Imagination\\PowerVR_Graphics\\PowerVR_SDK\\SDK_2016_R1.3\\Examples\\Beginner\\05_IntroUIRenderer

Regards,
    Shaun

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.