How do I install a CoreFPGA card as a Windows USB printer? How do I download a bitfile to the card?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  ChrisImgtec 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ChrisImgtec

When you plug a CoreFPGA into the USB slot of a Windows XP machine, you must perform a few manual steps to properly configure it as a USB printer:

Connect the CoreFPGA card to a USB port on your Windows box using a USB cable.
    Open “Printers and Faxes” in the Start Menu. Click on “Add a printer”. Then click “Next”.
    Select “Local printer attached to this computer”. Uncheck the box that says “Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play printer”. Click “Next”.
    Select a printer port. Click on “Use the following port”, and select USB001 (virtual printer port for USB). If you have previously installed a USB printer, you may see more than one USBxxx choice. You must choose the one associated with the port connected to your USB cable. If necessary, use trial and error. When you have finished, click “Next”.
    Under “Manufacturers”, select “Generic”. Under “Printers”, select “Generic/Text Only”. Click “Next”.

You should specify a different name for each different CoreFPGA assembly, namely, Printer-A00066 or Printer-A00064.
    To print:

Open the bitfile with WordPad, Notepad, or another text editor.
    Make sure “Word Wrap” is turned OFF.
    Print the document to the appropriate CoreFPGA printer. Be careful not to print to a real printer, or it will print several hundred pages.

ChrisImgtec

Imagination MIPS Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.