how to get accelerated h.264 decoding on linux?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Joe Davis 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

folkert

hello forum,

i am evaluating a Samsung S5PV210 board (which contains the PowerVR SGX540 GPU) and would like to test the hardware acceleration of video decoding, specifically h.264 720p/1080p. according to the specs, this should be supported under linux, however i am not quite sure where i’d get the corresponding software (binary or better yet source code) for both the X server and the linux kernel.. would this be supplied by the chipset manufacturer, ie Samsung? or by the board manufacturer, in this case FriendlyARM?

Or does Imagination Technologies provide such a thing? I’m currently looking at the PowerVR Insider SDK, but this seems to be less about video and more about 2d/3d acceleration (which is nice as well, but only if i get the video to work )

any help appreciated, as this is quite confusing .. 🙂

thnx,
    /f

Joe Davis

Hi folkert,

Apologies for the delayed response.

You should contact Samsung for support with this issue. Our SDK is designed to support development of applications that leverage our PowerVR GPUs for 2D/3D graphics. It doesn’t contain any examples or tools for the PowerVR video cores.

Regards,
    Joe

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.