Is there a cygwin build for EGL anf GLESv2

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Joe Davis 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

mkandula

Hi,

Can someone suggest how I can get cygwin builds for these libs? are they needed at all or can I just use the ones provided in the powerVR SDK windows build? is it compatible with gcc ?

Someone please hep !

Joe Davis

Hi,

What are you trying to achieve with Cygwin? Is there any reason you can’t use our Windows libraries natively and avoid Cygwin?

Thanks,
    Joe

mkandula

I was planning to port the windows code to linux.. but I choose the cygwin path before I compiled it in linux for convenience.

Joe Davis

If this is the case, I think it would be easier to either dual boot your machine with Linux, or install Linux on another machine. I wouldn’t advise using our PVRVFrame libraries with Cygwin as we’ve never tested this and don’t know if there will be issues with it.

You could also use a virtual machine for Linux. Whether you will be able to run PVRVFrame on it will depend on how good the OpenGL emulation on the virtual machine is.

Thanks,
    Joe

mkandula

Thanks Joe. I have now setup the linux VirtualBox machine and I am able to launch the samples of PVR SDK.

However, I am finding some display problem’s with the “Water” sample. The reflections and refractions are rendered on the water surface, but the actual geometry above the water is not getting rendered.mkandula2011-12-11 05:11:07

Joe Davis

I’m glad to hear some of the examples are working.

From my experience, it’s rare for a virtual machine to fully support OpenGL. It’s likely that this is the cause of your rendering errors.

If you can replicate these issues on a native (i.e. not in a virtual) machine, then I can file a bug against the SDK.

Thanks,
    Joe

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.