Is there a failure mode where zadig.exe will stop Vivado from loading Nexys4 DDR

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Enrique 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Nicholas

I have been trying to get the busblaster to work on my Windows 10 system. I had been able to load MIPSfpga into my Nexys4 DDR board, however after running zadig.exe, Vivado now gives me the following error:

Labtoolstcl 44-26, No hardware targets exist on the server [localhost].

I have reloaded vivado 2015.4, also reloaded the drivers manually, but I am not able to get past this error. I can use some suggestions (I am now bringing in another laptop to see if the problem exists in my board.).

Enrique

Hi Nicholas,

I ran into a similar issue not long ago. I’m afraid the only way I had to fix is was to remove all existing installations of Vivado from my computer and reinstall Vivado fresh, making sure the “Install USB drivers” check box was marked.

Good luck,
    E.

Nicholas

Enrique,

Thank-you for your reply. While I did earlier remove Vivado 2015.4, I had not touched Vivado 2014.4. I did notice something else. Out of desperation, I added a USB hub, and saw that the USB Serial Converter A and USB Serial Converter B had reappeared. I was able to download the MIPSfpga.bit file to the Nexys 4.

I think I will do what you suggest, and since Vivado 2016.1 has come out, remove the older versions, and then load that. I will let you know if I run into issues with the newer version.

I am still having problems with the Bus Blaster. Can you recommend who I might contact to get some assistance with it?

Nick

Enrique

Hi Nick,

That’s ok, please let me know if you find any additional problems with the USB cable. Also, when you update to Vivado 2016.1 and you load the MIPSfpga project you will get a message recommending you to update the Clock Wizard. You can do it without problems, but be aware that it will probably prompt a Critical Warning message telling you that some parameters could not be changed. This should not affect the performance of the core (I have tested it and I’ve found no problems).

With respect to the other issues with your Bus Blaster, I’ll ask my colleagues and someone else will reply as soon as they can (I reckon I don’t know how to fix the problem you are describing in the other forum thread).

Thanks!
    E.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.