libPVRTexLib.a on MacOS

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Gordon 7 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

windwalkr

Hi guys,

I would like to use libPVRTexLib to perform texture compression in an in-house tool, however when I try to link it, I’m seeing a number of errors such as:

Code:
    “std::basic_istream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::basic_istream<char, std::char_traits<char> >::_M_extract<unsigned int>(unsigned int&)”, referenced from:

pvrtexlib::readPPM(char const*, pvrtexlib::Pixel<unsigned char>**, unsigned int&, unsigned int&)in libtrainzresource.a(pvrtcMW.o)

“_fopen$UNIX2003”, referenced from:

pvrtexlib::CPVRTexture::writeToFile(char const*, unsigned int) constin libtrainzresource.a(CPVRTexture.o)

These appear to indicate a mismatch of the standard libraries between your prebuilt library and my project, but unfortunately your documentation does not indicate what compilers/settings might be necessary here.

Could you provide any clues towards fixing this?

thanks,

chris

Gordon

This is something that should probably be added to the documentation, along with an example.

In my test makefile for this library I have the following lines:

Code:
    LIBS =

-L/usr/lib

-lpthread

-lstdc++ -m32

$(DEVRELDIR)/UtilitiesSrc/PVRTexLib/PVRTexLibPublic/MacOS/libPVRTexLib.a

-isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.5

CFLAGS += -c -m32 -DHAVE_GL_H -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.5

I use the -mmacosx-version-min flag to give compatiblity with Leopard – I suspect that might have something to do with the issue – are you running 10.6?  Also, the -m32 ensures 32bit mode (64bit support is not available yet).

Please post again if this doesn’t help you.

windwalkr

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am running Xcode 3.2.3 on 10.6.4.

My project settings include:

Code:
    SDKROOT = macosx10.5

VALID_ARCHS = i386

GCC_VERSION = 4.2

MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET = 10.5

The resultant buildline in xcode looks like this (filepaths abbreviated substantially to protect the guilty and to make it readable):

Code:
    setenv MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 10.5

/Developer/usr/bin/g++-4.2 -arch i386 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk -L/XXXX -F/XXXX -filelist /XXXX.LinkFileList -mmacosx-version-min=10.5 -lssl -lz -lcrypto /XXXX.a /XXXX.a -o /XXXX

Any further thoughts?

cheers,

chris

Esenthel

Hello,

I have the same problem, I want to use the library in my engine – http://www.esenthel.com/
    And was successfull with 32-bit under Windows, but on Mac I have the same linker errors as in first post.
    I use xcode 3.2.3 on mac os x 10.6

I use mac os 10.5 sdk for building the project, with 32-bit (i386) architecture.

The linker errors are:

Code:
    “std::basic_istream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::basic_istream<char, std::char_traits<char> >::_M_extract<unsigned int>(unsigned int&)”, referenced from:

pvrtexlib::readPPM(char const*, pvrtexlib::Pixel<unsigned char>**, unsigned int&, unsigned int&)in EsenthelEngine.a(pvrtcMW.o)

pvrtexlib::readPPM(char const*, pvrtexlib::Pixel<unsigned char>**, unsigned int&, unsigned int&)in EsenthelEngine.a(pvrtcMW.o)

“_fopen$UNIX2003”, referenced from:

pvrtexlib::CPVRTexture::writeToFile(char const*, unsigned int) constin EsenthelEngine.a(CPVRTexture.o)

pvrtexlib::SaveKTX(pvrtexlib::CPVRTextureHeader const&, pvrtexlib::CPVRTextureData const&, CPVRTString const&)in EsenthelEngine.a(ktx_io.o)

readFile(CPVRTString const&, SafeArray<unsigned char>&)in EsenthelEngine.a(Utilities.o)

pvrtexlib::ConsoleLog::setStraightToFile(bool)  in EsenthelEngine.a(ConsoleLog.o)

pvrtexlib::ConsoleLog::setOutputFile(CPVRTString)       in EsenthelEngine.a(ConsoleLog.o)

pvrtexlib::ConsoleLog::writeToFile()      in EsenthelEngine.a(ConsoleLog.o)

pvrtexlib::ConsoleLog::appendToFile()      in EsenthelEngine.a(ConsoleLog.o)

pvrtexlib::writeToIncludeFile(pvrtexlib::CPVRTextureHeader const&, pvrtexlib::CPVRTextureData const&, char const*, char const*)in EsenthelEngine.a(pvr_io.o)

pvrtexlib::SavePVR(pvrtexlib::CPVRTextureHeader const&, pvrtexlib::CPVRTextureData const&, CPVRTString const&)in EsenthelEngine.a(pvr_io.o)

pvrtexlib::SaveDDS(pvrtexlib::CPVRTextureHeader const&, pvrtexlib::CPVRTextureData const&, char const*)in EsenthelEngine.a(dds_io.o)

pvrtexlib::SaveNGT(pvrtexlib::CPVRTextureHeader const&, pvrtexlib::CPVRTextureData const&, CPVRTString const&)in EsenthelEngine.a(ngt_io.o)

pvrtexlib::fileExist(char*) in EsenthelEngine.a(etc_conversion.o)

_bitmap_write_window in EsenthelEngine.a(bitmap.o)

_bitmap_read in EsenthelEngine.a(bitmap.o)

“std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::__ostream_insert<char, std::char_traits<char> >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&, char const*, int)”, referenced from:

pvrtexlib::writePPM(char const*, pvrtexlib::Pixel<unsigned char> const*, unsigned int, unsigned int, bool)in EsenthelEngine.a(pvrtcMW.o)

pvrtexlib::writePPM(char const*, pvrtexlib::Pixel<unsigned char> const*, unsigned int, unsigned int, bool)in EsenthelEngine.a(pvrtcMW.o)

“std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >::_M_insert<unsigned long>(unsigned long)”, referenced from:

OTHER_LFFLAGS= -L/usr/lib -lpthread -lstdc++ -m32 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.5 -framework Carbon -framework Cocoa -framework OpenGL -framework OpenAL -framework Cg -lz

OTHER_CFLAGS = -fshort-wchar -ffriend-injection -c -m32 -DHAVE_GL_H -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.5

Also I have a big request for 64-bit support, for both Windows and Mac.

And it would be nice to have the library on Windows as .lib only and not .dll

Thanks

Grzegorz

Esenthel2010-09-01 17:39:42

Gordon

Thanks for reporting this issue. It’s being looked into (along with 64bit builds) and a fix should be available in an update in the future.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.