Logging onto the minimorph using an alternative to the USB port

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sean 4 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

denisrono

Hey,

I am trying to connect a webcam to the minimorph using the USB port and I can not log into the minimorph using the terminal command:host$ sudo screen /dev/ttyACM0because that requires the USB to be plugged in to the minimorph and my computer.

I have tried to log onto the minimorph using the command:
    host$ sudo screen /dev/ttyUSB0with an IDC-DB9/DB9-USB cable attached to the UART10 port on the minimorph and a USB port on my PC but this only display the output from UART10 on the board and does not allow me to send commands to the board.

Is there another way to send commands to the linux terminal on the board without connecting the board to my PC through the USB cable?

Regards
    Denis Rono

Sean

Denis,

A couple of options

1. If you are seeing the output from the serial, it sound like making the UART0 connection work may be the easiest option. Looks like the TX isn’t working for some reason – can you make sure the settings are correct?
      • 115200 baud
      • parity=n
      • stop=1

Are you sure that you pin mapping is correct in the DB9 – IDC adaptor?
      Make sure you are using any hardware RTS or DTR as part of the serial connection.

2. If you can use WiFi, you can configure the Minimorph with the WiFi access information and on boot it will establish a connection. You could then use buildroot and compile an image that has sshd (SSH Daemon) included. You can then ssh into the board.

One other thing – you will need an adaptor to use the USB port in host mode – something like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Micro-Cable-Galaxy-Toshiba-Archos/dp/B0064GZAIQ If you already have this … great – just wanted to check.

Regards,

Sean.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.