Maemo 5 libstdc++, CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3 not found.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Gordon 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

pete_l

Hi!

I’m having problems trying to build a runnable binary with some of the lessons and demos.

I can build and run the first 5 lessons in the SDK’s TrainingCourse directory, but run into problems with lesson 6.

The build process completes, but when I try and run the executable on the target platform (a Noka N900), I get:

/home/user/OGLES2IntroducingPVRTools: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3′ not found (required by /home/user/OGLES2IntroducingPVRTools)

My build environment is Centos 5.3, where I’ve installed the madde dev tool ( http://wiki.maemo.org/MADDE )

I’m using the arm-2009q1-203-arm-none-linux-gnueabi_linux toolchain and the libs provided with madde, controlled by CentOS’s make.

Since the libstdc++.so provided with madde differs in filesize from the one in the N900’s /usr/lib, I tried copying the N900’s into the madde sysroot /usr/lib, and building from scratch, but it makes no difference.

I’m guessing this is something to do with a library internal to the SDK needing this libstdc++ version, and that there’s maybe not much I can do about it, but thought I’d ask in case there is a solution.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Having said that, even if I’m unable to build the remaining lessons and demos, I’d still consider the SDK a worthwhile download for learning gles2 – it seems quite hard to get easily digestible material on that topic! – so thanks for that 🙂

Gory details of my build config follow, in case they’re useful.

In order to get the build process to work, I’ve followed the process in the pdf in SDKPackage/

so I have:

echo $TOOLCHAIN

/opt/madde/.madde/0.5/toolchains/arm-2009q1-203-arm-none-linux-gnueabi_linux

echo $X11ROOT

/opt/madde/.madde/0.5/sysroots/fremantle-qt-arm-sysroot-0942/usr

[/CODE]

I run make with:

[CODE]

make PLATFORM=LinuxOMAP3 X11BUILD=1

[/CODE]

additionally, I found I needed to add some switches in the Builds/OGLES2/LinuxOMAP3/make_platform.mak file, so I defined:

[CODE]

LIBDIR_FLAGS = –sysroot=/opt/madde/.madde/0.5/sysroots/fremantle-qt-arm-sysroot-0942

-DBUILD_OGLES2 -Wall -DRELEASE -O2

-DKEYPAD_INPUT=””/dev/input/event1″”

[/CODE]

and

[CODE]

PLAT_CFLAGS   = –sysroot=/opt/madde/.madde/0.5/sysroots/fremantle-qt-arm-sysroot-0942

-I/opt/madde/.madde/0.5/sysroots/fremantle-qt-arm-sysroot-0942/usr/include

-DBUILD_OGLES2 -Wall -DRELEASE -O2 -DKEYPAD_INPUT=””/dev/input/event1″”[/CODE]

(some of the above is probably redundant, still whittling it down 🙂

[CODE]

echo $TOOLCHAIN

/opt/madde/.madde/0.5/toolchains/arm-2009q1-203-arm-none-linux-gnueabi_linux

echo $X11ROOT

/opt/madde/.madde/0.5/sysroots/fremantle-qt-arm-sysroot-0942/usr

[/CODE]

I run make with:

[/CODE]

additionally, I found I needed to add some switches in the Builds/OGLES2/LinuxOMAP3/make_platform.mak file, so I defined:

[CODE]

LIBDIR_FLAGS = –sysroot=/opt/madde/.madde/0.5/sysroots/fremantle-qt-arm-sysroot-0942

[/CODE]

and

[CODE]

PLAT_CFLAGS   = –sysroot=/opt/madde/.madde/0.5/sysroots/fremantle-qt-arm-sysroot-0942

[CODE]

[/CODE]

[/CODE]

and

[CODE]

[CODE]

[/CODE]

and

[CODE]

pete_l

Just to note, a workaround was provided by one of the MADDE-knowledgeable people at talk.maemo.org

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=488332#post488332

which fixed this issue for me. So definitely not a problem with the SDK itself.

Gordon

It’s good to hear that you found a solution – thanks for letting us know.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.