Maximum Linux Page Size supported

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  harveyhunt 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Amit

Hello,
    I am using Creator Ci40 board. Does the OpenWRT Linux for Creator support Large Page Size (16kB/64KB)?

Regards,
    Amit.

Hugo

Hi Amit,

Currently the OpenWRT page size is 4KB.
    However you can select 16KB or 64KB in kernel options.

Best regards,
    Hugo

Amit

Hi Hugo,
    Thanks for your quick reply. I have set the 64KB page size option however I get Kernel Panic while booting. I have attached the log for your reference.

Regards,
    Amit.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi Amit,

You can try 16 as well, but it’s not something we have been looking at in development or testing.

What’s the motivation behind upping the page size? Are you seeing performance issues with 4?

I’ll investigate your log and see if there is anything we can do to get it working.

Regards,

Matt

Amit

Hello Matt,
    I am running an application which allocates memory frequently. So in order to reduce number of page faults I decided to increase the page size. I will give it a try using 16KB size.

Thanks for your answer.

Regards,
    Amit.

harveyhunt

Hi Amit,

This is a kernel bug that affects 32bit MIPS processors that use a 64K page size.

The following patch fixes the issue:

https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/d7de413475f443957a0c1d256e405d19b3a2cb22

(Perhaps this patch should be backported into the Ci40’s kernel?).

Thanks,

Harvey

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
The forum ‘Creator Platforms’ is closed to new topics and replies.