mips-mti-elf-gcc.exe: error:

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tevi 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Tevi

Hello,

I am newly using Codescape MIPS compiler to obtain assembly code from my c-code.
    Strangely enough I get this error when I try to compile my code:
    mips-mti-elf-gcc.exe: error: -S: No such file or directory

The command that I am using to run is this:
    mips-mti-elf-gcc.exe -S test.c

It was working fine yesterday, but today I made some changes in the file and it si giving me this error message.
    I have installed codescape MIPS in the same folder where my .c fie is.

Please suggest ways to overcome this error.

TIA!

Tevian 🙂

Sean

Tevian,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Maybe you could share your test.c with us if you think that may be the issue?

However … it doesn’t sound like the code is the issue. Can I confirm that you have downloaded and unpacked one of the Codescape GNU tools tar files? Please also confirm you have not re-located/moved any files from the structure that was unpacked? The mips-mti-elf-gcc.exe application uses the other applications and libraries that were unpacked and is not expected to run in isolation.

The setup we recommend (and what is provided by the Codescape MIPS SDK Essentials installer) is to append the bin directory that was unpacked to the PATH (instructions here) and then in any console window you can type:
    C:\Users\sean\imgtec\examples\hello>mips-mti-elf-gcc.exe -S hello.c

I can confirm the command you are using is correct, so it sounds like something is wrong with your setup. If something was wrong with the C file, the tools would generate an error.

Regards,

Sean.

Tevi

Thank you for the reply, Sean.

The problem was that I was copy-pasting the command, when I type the command it worked fine.

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.