Modification of Lab13 (Iot and Creator)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex Alex 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Michael
    Michael

Dear all,

I want to modify Lab13 a bit and I have few questions. Additionally to the tasks given in the lab I want to write a piece of software, where I use the OLED-display and the temperature sensor of the I/O-shield to write the sensor data to the the display and then send it to a mobile device.

Here’s my question: how would I need to modifiy the given code to send the temperature sensor data to the android app?

Profile photo of Alex
    Alex

Hi Michael,
    There is already another temperature sensor object in the WiFire code, so you’ll just add another instance.
    1. In temperature_object.c, add another instance by changing the #define of TEMPERATURE_INSTANCES to 2
    2. In ui_control.c, add code to the function UIControl_pollInputSensors to read the shield thermometer and update the new temperature object instance (#1).

TemperatureObject_Input(0, AdcDriver_GetTemperatureDegrees(true));  // Read temperature in Celsius
    TemperatureObject_Input(1, YourShieldTemperatureReaderFunction());  // Read shield temperature in Celsius

BTW, the call graph viewer in MPLAB X is quite helpful for navigating through the code at the function level, especially to find a function’s callers.
    3. Create your function YourShieldTemperatureReaderFunction.
    4. Since the temperature sensor uses an I2C interface, you’ll need to add I2C support for the app. This involves modifying the project with Harmony (Tools->Embedded->MPLAB Harmony Configurator) and selecting Harmony Framework Configuration->Drivers->I2C->Use I2C Driver. Then you’ll need to plug in calls to the code to initialize (in APP_Initialize) and use the I2C peripheral. I haven’t done this, so I don’t have further details at this point in time.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have further questions or get stuck.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.