PC Emulation – Multisampling

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Bunkai.Satori 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Dear all,

Before I’ll port my application to iPone OS, I develop it completely on Windows 7, Visual Studio 2010, PowerVR OGLES2_WINDOWS_PCEMULATION_2.06.26.0649.

Despite I setup necessary parameters to allow my applicaiton display antialiased 3D objects, I can not achieved desired effects:

const EGLint pi32ConfigAttribs[] =
     {
      EGL_LEVEL,    0,
      EGL_SAMPLE_BUFFERS,  1,
      EGL_SAMPLES,   2,
      EGL_BUFFER_SIZE,  0,
      EGL_SURFACE_TYPE,  EGL_WINDOW_BIT,
      EGL_RENDERABLE_TYPE, EGL_OPENGL_ES2_BIT,
      EGL_NATIVE_RENDERABLE, EGL_FALSE,
      EGL_DEPTH_SIZE,   16,
      EGL_NONE
     };

• Can you please confirm that there are no issues with multisampling and Windows Emulator?
    • Can you advice what else to test or try, to get the desired multisampled output? 
    • What additional specifications do you need to better understand the possible cause of the problem?

• I have:

• Intel based CPU
        • nVidia GTX 260 graphics.
        • Video driver: nVidia 64Bit, v.258.96
        • nVidia Control Panel: v.2.8.313.10

• As a test application, I ran the following, but received no change in graphics output at all: “C:Program Files (x86)Imagination TechnologiesPOWERVR SDKOGLES2_WINDOWS_PCEMULATION_2.06.26.0649BinariesTrainingCourseIntroducingPODOGLES2IntroducingPOD.exe” -FSAAMode=4
    • Should I enable multisampling for OpenGL somewhere in the graphics card settings? I did not find anything OpenGL related.

Thank you,

Rene

Rene.Kubicka2010-08-30 20:37:58

jacekc

Hi,

Thx for your feedback. Actually there is a problem with Multisampling within Pcemulation from SDK 2.6 . It will be fixed in our very soon to be released SDK 2.7.

Regards,

Gordon

The 2.7 SDK should now be available from our website:

https://www.imgtec.com/powervr/insider/powervr-sdk.asp

Hi Gordon,

thank you for this announcement. I will try it asap.

Regards.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.