Physical Specs for Ci20 Board

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  keno 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

wwwmipscom

I am using the Ci20 development board in a computer architecture class. The engineering students in the companion engineering program are proposing to build a case with somewhat different characteristics compared to the case plans posted on this web site.

Is there a mechanical drawing anyplace in the resources that would be available for them to work with while designing the new case?

Also,if anyone has any recommendations for a new case design I would be happy to pass them along to the students.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Greetings.
    I have asked our Creator team to answer your post.
    Thanks for your activities on Ci20!

wwwmipscom

Robert,
    Thanks very much. Please let them know we do not need anything fancy just the location and hole size for the board support holes and the board dimensions.

keno

Hi @wwwmipscpm.

Glad that you are interested in the Creator Ci20. Attached here is a mechanical drawing for the version 1 Creator Ci20.

There was also a case that was made on Thingiverse which you might find interesting. Check it out here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:714780

Version 1 is L-Shaped and version 2 is square. Will get you a version 2 design shortly if needed.

Best wishes,

Keno

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

wwwmipscom

Keno, Thanks very much!

keno

No worries. Here is also a drawing for the Creator Ci20 version 2.

It is not as detailed as the first one, but should hopefully have all the dimensions your are interested in.

Best wishes,

Keno

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Frank

Question 1: Are there expansion PCboards that exist for the ci20_v2 board?

Question 2: If not, would there be an interest to develop such a board collaboratively, and make it available to developers?

I realize that one can use the expansion header and connect to Ras-Pi breadboards, but it would be nice if there was a breadboard which was specific to the ci20_v2 dimensions (with both expansion headers, and other? connectivity) and fit inside a well constructed case.

I am new to this forum – so, my apologies if this is a question that has been asked and answered before.

keno

Hi Frank,

Sorry for the delay on this.

There are not any widely available already that are specifically designed for the Creator Ci20 board. However as it has a Raspberry Pi interface, it is possible to use a few Raspberry Pi HATs.

Developing a such a board tailored to Creator Ci20 in collaboration would be great! I think the best place to have this discussion and find collaborators would be with the Creator team. Most of us are active on the new Creator Forum, check it out here: https://forum.creatordev.io/

You will need to create a new/different account though, but it enable you to access a richer set of services including out Device Server and Developer Console if you are building IoT Projects.

Best wishes,

Keno

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.