Power failure with Creator board.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mike 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Mike

Hello. I would like to consider myself a pleased owner of your product however I am unable to use the board. I have owned the computer for about a month and have had problems with it since. As the topic title states, I have power failure while running the board. Using the default kernel, it will cycle through the boot screen and at a point where the resolution changes, the board dies. I am left with my screen stating a lost signal. I have tried the troubleshooting options provided with no results. I am not sure if I did anything wrong or if i got a bad board. It did work when I first got it, played around with the 3d demos and that is about it. I unplugged it and when I tried to use it again the problem started to happen. Hopefully this forum will help me resolve this issue.

ZubairLK

Hi Mike,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Welcome to the forum. I have a few questions.

Which board is it? V1 was Green. V2 is Purple.

How are you powering the board?

Do you happen to have a usb – serial adapter?

When you mention that the board dies. Does the red LED stay on? Or not.

Thank-you
    ZubairLK

Mike

Hi Zubair,
    No problem with the late response.
    To answer your questions it is the V2 Purple board. I am using the Playstation Portable adapter recommended to power the board.
    When I do power the board and after it dies, the red LED light does not stay on.
    I also do not currently have a usb – serial adapter.
    I wish I can be more descriptive about my problem, It is my first experience with a micro computer. I hope you can excuse my ignorance about some things.

ZubairLK

Hi,

The red LED turning off could indicate that the power supply isn’t sufficient once the board boots to enable the peripherals such as wifi.

The PSP adapter should be sufficient..

But just in case, could you check by powering the board from a 1/2Amp smart-phone/tablet USB adapter with the cable provided?

Regards,
    ZubairLK

Mike

Wow, OK then. Well that worked. I’m surprised I didn’t think of trying a different adapter. I guess because it was optional to use a PSP adapter that I just use that. Well, thank you for the help. If anything I wonder why the PSP adapter didn’t work?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
The forum ‘Creator Platforms’ is closed to new topics and replies.