Problems Installing PowerVR SDK for Linux 64 on Linux Mint 15

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Joe Davis 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

twives

Hello,

I asked this in another related string, but thought that I should perhaps start a new string too.

I followed all of the instructions in previous and strongly related discussion string where a person’s problems had been solved and could not get the install to work.

When I try to run:
    sudo sh ./PowerVRSDKSetup-3.1.run-x64

I get:
    ./PowerVRSDKSetup-3.1.run-x64: 1: ./PowerVRSDKSetup-3.1.run-x64: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

Please advise and thanks in advance,
    Thom

BobGardner

Hi Twives.

Just to let you know, we’re looking in to this for you, to see if we can find the root cause, and a work around for you.

In the short term, are you able to install the 32-bit version?

Bob.

PS. Glad you liked getting the Commenting badge and the welcome message 😉

Hi,

I think you are trying to execute the installer as a script instead of a binary. I usually just:

chmod +x PowerVRSDKSetup-3.1.run-x64
    sudo ./PowerVRSDKSetup-3.1.run-x64

Notice that I do not use bash, sh or any other shell.

Cheers,
    Guillem

twives

GuillemV, I had changed to executable, but I am newb enough to have not thought to run it without “sh” – it is installing now – thanks!

twives

I spoke too soon – During install, I have the following problem. The Dialog box says:

Error Unable to download component PVRScope: Component file version does not match

Then it wants to exit the installation program. I think it may be a proxy issue, but I am not sure yet.

Joe Davis

Hi,

Have you had any luck downloading the package yet, or are you still hitting this error?

Thanks,
    Joe

twives

I ran sudo ./PowerVRSDKSetup-3.1.run-x64 and went through all the setup questions with the minimally suggested options, and I also set up the proxy for my company. On component 3 / 42 (42 – that’s funny – didn’t notice that before), it says: Unable to download component PVRScope: Component file version does not match. I am on Linux Mint 15 and I am up to date on updates.

Joe Davis

Strange. Can you share the details of the selection you’ve made during installation, i.e. selected packages, target API & target OS?

Thanks,
    Joe

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.