PVRGeoPOD/3dsmax9 exporter bug

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  rbgames 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

gfm

It appears the PVRGeoPOD/3dsmax9 exporter doesn’t export vertex colors correctly. It drops the blue and alpha color channels, only exporting red and green. I tried a variety of export modes for color (ARGB/RGBA/float/etc) and all exhibit the same behavior.

gfm2009-04-05 07:17:05

Gordon

This is being covered by email as mentioned in the thread here: https://www.imgtec.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=287&PID=1008#1008

gfm

The thread you’re referencing is a separate issue… sorry I wasn’t clear. I didn’t know the exporter changed so significantly between 2.02 and 2.04. This thread is for color export problems with the 2.02 exporter.

gfm

Files that repro the problem have been emailed to devtech@imgtec.com

Scott
    gfm wrote:
    Files that repro the problem have been emailed to devtech@imgtec.com

Hi,

Re-exporting your colourful cube with plug-in 2.02.22.0755 using ARGB for colour works fine for me in my test app. I’m using Max 2008, which version are you using? Also, what values are you passing to glColorPointer?

Thanks,

Scott

gfm

I’m using Max 9. Maybe that’s the problem?

I observed the A and B channels weren’t exporting properly by looking at the binary data in memory (after of course, many hours thinking I wasn’t setting up glColorPointer correctly). In ARGB white exports as 0x00FFFF00. In my example the blue vertices are exported as transparent black, 0x00000000.

ElCheM0

Hi,
    I have the same problem with 3dsmax 9, I have to export the model to collada then extract the vertex color and insert in the POD file.

Gordon

I believe work on this issue is ongoing, but it should be improved in one of our next releases.

rbgames

Is this resolved, we are using vertex colors extensively in our title and we need them to export properly.

If not in the exporter then does someone have some code to loop over the vertex color data in the PODMesh and fix it?

Thanks,

RBGames

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.