PVRTexTool CL problem with -border

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tobias Hector 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

DanDanger

Hello.

Hoping I can bother you with a problem I’m having.

I normally use these arguments to process our textures:
    pvrtextool.exe -fOGLPVRTC2 -border -iinfile.png -ooutfile.pvr
    But it no longer seems to be working with the latest version of the textool.
    Our input textures (which are giant sprites) are 1008×1016 and after the processing end up being 1024×1024 with the border properly generated.
    With the new tool I get the following error:
    “An error occurred in PVRTexTool: Could not process:
    Could not process texture”
    I tried using the -square argument, however that scales the texture up, which is not what we require.
    Processing the border in the GUI tex tool still seems to work properly, but I really need the CL version to work as we are processing a large amount of textures.
    Any help would be appreciated ^_^
    Dan Leyden
    Technical Manager

Hi Dan,

I had a look and this is a combination of two minor bugs which I’ve now fixed for the next release.

The first bug you can work around – it was resizing the texture before adding the border, and trying to be clever it was subtracting the border width/height from the size beforehand. The net result was that the input and output width/height are identical. This was a bug and I’ve now fixed it.

The other bug is that the border is not correctly choosing a width of 8 when compressing to PVRTC 2bpp, instead opting for the PVRTC 4bpp version – width 4.

I’ve been told by our lead PVRTC engineer that we may be overshooting with an 8×4 border anyway, so you should be able to work around the problems suitably by making the input texture sized 1024×1024 for now.

The next release should be available in about a month and a half – if you’d like I can provide an engineering drop with the fix though if you send an email to DevTech@imgtec.com.

Thanks,

Tobias

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.