PVRVFrame – bug – ES2 – glActiveTexture

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  diafera 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

diafera

Using PVRFrame 2.9.29.0649, OpenGL ES 2.0, on Windows (libGLESv2.dll)…
    GL_MAX_COMBINED_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS return 32, but glActiveTexture starts failing with texture unit >= G
    L_TEXTURE0 + 8.

Code to reproduce the issue:

GLuint nTexUnits = 8;
    glGetIntegerv(GL_MAX_COMBINED_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS, (GLint*)&nTexUnits);
    // nTexUnits=32, err=GL_NO_ERROR
    for (GLuint i = 0; i < nTexUnits; i++)
        glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE0 + i); //err=GL_INVALID_ENUM when i >= 8 !!!
    // PVRVFrame: “In glActiveTexture error: 500 (GL_INVALID_ENUM) : texture number is out of range (min: GL_TEXTURE0), max: GL_TEXTURE0 + 7, given: GL_TEXTURE0 + 8)”
    [/CODE]

This bugs was not present in PVRFrame 2.8 .*.

[CODE]
    GLuint nTexUnits = 8;
    glGetIntegerv(GL_MAX_COMBINED_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS, (GLint*)&nTexUnits); // nTexUnits=32, err=GL_NO_ERROR
    for (GLuint i = 0; i < nTexUnits; i++)
        glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE0 + i); //err=GL_INVALID_ENUM when i >= 8 !!!
    // PVRVFrame: “In glActiveTexture error: 500 (GL_INVALID_ENUM) : texture number is out of range (min: GL_TEXTURE0), max: GL_TEXTURE0 + 7, given: GL_TEXTURE0 + 8)”
    [/CODE]

This bugs was not present in PVRFrame 2.8 .*.

Hi diafera,

Thank you for your bug report! This bug was unfortunately brought on when attempting to fix a similar bug. We’ve caught this one already, but slightly too late for the release unfortunately. A fix for this should make it into the next release.

Thanks,

Tobias

benualdo

Hi Tobias,

We are currently being blocked by this issue, do you have a date for this next release that should fix this bug?

Thanks,

Benoît.

Hi Benoît,

Our next release won’t be until sometime early next year now. If this is proving to be a major barrier for you, if you can email us at devtech@imgtec.com I should be able to provide you with drop of the tool where this has been resolved.

Thanks,

Tobias

Tobias2011-12-14 17:21:46

benualdo

ok, thanks!

Benoit

diafera

The bug is still present in PVRFrame 2.10@812485…
    GL_MAX_COMBINED_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS now returns 160 Shocked

Also in PVRFrame 2.10@812485, the Windows dlls for GLES-2.0 and GLES-3.0 reports as being “OpenGL ES-CM 1.1” instead of being “OpenGL ES 2.0”. The ones for Linux/MacOS seems to report fine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.