Sample file run without output

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sean 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

renee

Hey there, I am now trying to run the test_prog (which is the userland application given by the minimorph pack IMGexamplestest_prog ) via the Codescape Debugger. I have already compiled it and load it to the debugger. When I press F9 to run the program, the ” log output” showed the shared libraries have been located correctly and there came two threads in the Target Pane. Everything indicated the program was running property, however, the Script Output kept empty. Could you please tell me the reason about this phenomenon?

What is more, the connection between the board and the host drops very often, I have to run the “sudo avahi-autoipd usb0” command frequently to connect it again. I think there may be some relationship between these two problems. Both of them bothering me a lot, I will be more than grateful to hear from you about the solutions.

Sean

I am looking into the log output missing. Are you running off an image on the SD card or from the built in image updated as part of the tutorial?

Regarding the disconnect, I have tested with Ubuntu 13.04 and cannot reproduce the issue. Have you changed the connection method to “Link-Local Only” as instructed in Meta Flow SDK.Reference Manual –
    Appendix G. Configuring host Network Manager?

Regards,

Sean.

Sean

Also, I see you have tagged your comment “codescape debugger mini 7.0”. The currently shipping Codescape Mini is version 7.1.9 and of the SDK is 1.9.

Please ensure you are using the latest versions.

Sean.

renee

Thank you for your reply. I run the program from the built in image just as the guide showed. When I chage the code to make it limited (change while(1) to for(i=0;i<10;i++), the program stopd in very short time, so I think it runed properly, though there is no out put appeared.

About the disconnection, I didn’t change the connection method , I will try it later and tell you the result. In addition, I don’t think this is the problem of Ubuntu. Do you think there is any relationship with the USB interface? Will the low power of USB case this situation? My computer has this problem with the USB interface, that sometimes it cann’t connect a hard driver steady.

Sean

Ok, but are you running the OS image on the Minimorph from a Micro SD card? It might affect where the terminal output is being directed – this is why I ask.

If you have not changed the connection method in Network Manager – that will be the cause of the issue. This is critical and is discussed in the manuals. Otherwise network manager tries to use DHCP to get the IP address and this is not stable.

If you have poor USB power then it would cause the Minimorph to reset often. If the LED continues to flash 3 times every 5 seconds – it has not reset. You can resolve power issues using either a 12v DC external PSU or using an externally powered USB hub.

Regards,

Sean.

renee

No, I run it on the board itself, I didn’t insert any SD cards.

And , the board didn’t reset frequntly, so , there shouldn’t be any problem with my USB power.

Best
    Wei

Sean

Ok, the printf output is not expected to goto the “Log Output” tab.

In the manual (Meta Flow SDK.Getting Started Guide page 18) it says:
    This userland application uses printf. The application is loaded into Linux via the debug stub, so output from the printf commands go to the tty on which csdebug was started.

Currently it is being output on the serial port UART0 (CN10). I am looking at why this has changed from what is written in Meta Flow SDK.Getting Started Guide on page 24 and 25. I’m also attempting to see how we can get it back to how it says in the manual for you.

Sorry for the delay – I’m digging into the issue.

Sean.

renee

Dear Seanr,

Since you told me the output is send to the CN10 port, I tried to connect a Screen to CN10 to display it. I plan to connect a LCD moudle to do this but don’t know if it is the best way. Do you have any suggestions about the options of device?

Or, is there any other way to make the output sidplaied ? Like, use some command to make it send the output to the host computer and display it there. Or, use any code to instead of “printf” and show the result in an other way?

Best
    Wei

Sean

We are still working to get the output through the USB connection. There is a problem with how network-manager and modemmanager on the host are handling the connection to the Minimorph.

Sorry I was not clear, screen is a program with many features, one is being able to display a console (see http://www.gnu.org/software/screen/manual/screen.html). CN10 is a serial port, not a display connector!

Connecting an LCD module is not trivial and requires drivers etc.

I’ll see where the developers have got to and let you know later today.

Sorry for the delay.

Sean.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.