share glprogram between contexts

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rory_yin 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

rory_yin

i am writing an APP to process video in IOS. i have a case that i will create two GPU threads with its own glContext to handle a sequential frames, the method to process of these sequential frames is the same, so i will have to create two same GL Programe for this two GPU threads, since compile and link GL program cause a lot of time, so i want to know if i can just create one programe and share this program between this two glContext? if it can’t, does powerVR driver has optimized this case? thanks!

Arron

Hi,
    Take a look at EAGLContext reference pages: https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/opengles/reference/EAGLContext_ClassRef/Reference/EAGLContext.html

Using the methods ‘sharegroup’ and ‘-initWithAPI:sharegroup:’ it’s possible to share two contexts together, sharing resources. Although the EAGLSharegroup docs do not explicitly state that programs can be shared, it is possible to achieve.

rory_yin

thanks for your kindly help.
    i know that EAGLSharegroup can help to share some resources like texture, render buffer, but i am not sure if the programs is also ok.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.