Skybox

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dgu 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

john lam

I was wondering if you could add mip maps to existing images? Also I opened up your skybox.pvr in the skybox2 example and was wondering how you got rid of the edges? Can you get rid of them in PVRTexTool?

dgu

Hello John
    it already contain mipmaps,
    I believe that you will have to cut the edge using your photoshop to prepare your custom skybox,and then using the textool gui do the proper operation , take the same setting provided by the original anyway.

regards
    david

dgu

there is in the command line way to setup width and height (the size of the image) ,cutting the edge but it s better to do a proper one no?

john lam

I was just wondering how they actually smoothed out the edges for the map to look more natural? So was this done using third party software then?

Thanks
    John

dgu

yes i think so, baking texture or setting them up properly in the correct format , with in head what can do PVTTextool for you is a good thinks to avoid surprises….or big complication.By my side , i render to texture and use ambiant occlusion with 3ds max , that is really good and add nice feel on device.I rarely see probs with the pvrtextool since the latest release.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.