SSH connection

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Brian Beuken 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

hi
    I’m having a little trouble with my new ci20 its all working fine, but I can’t seem to make an SSH connection to it from my PC, using ci20/ci20 as a username/password combo
    It actively refuses the connection, suggesting one or both is wrong.

I can’t seem to locate any info on SSH connections here, can someone advise me on the correct connection inputs?

thanks

Brian

Hi Brian,

I’ve just tried:

ssh ci20@<IP ADDRESS>

and then entered the password ‘ci20’ when prompted and it worked ok. This is using Debian 7 on Ci20 and an Ubuntu 14.04 laptop.

Is this exactly what you have tried?

The elinux page http://elinux.org/CI20_Headless_Setup has some more instructions on remotely accessing your board which may be helpful.

Let us know if that helps. If not, any more information you can provide would be useful to help understand how your setup might be different to mine.

Thanks,

Matt

ZubairLK

Hi,

It might be that password authentication isn’t enabled.

On your ci20, edit the file

sudo nano /etc/ssh/sshd_config

Search for PasswordAuthentication

It should look like this with no # in front to comment it out.

PasswordAuthentication yes

Regards,
    ZubairLK

HI Matt

no I’m using Debian 7 on the Ci20 as supplied on eMMC and updated, but on PC, VisualGDB and Visual Studio SSH manager on windows…

ZubairLK, that sounds like a good idea, I’ll check later tonight and let you know

hmm I don’t appear to have an SSH directory in etc

http://elinux.org/CI20_Headless_Setup

It says in here that the factory default debian image does not have ssh, so you would need to install it with apt-get. If you have already installed it and it doesn’t work, are you able to tell us the exact error you see? Does your SSH client make a connection and fail to authenticate, or does it fail to make a connection in the first place?

ah that indeed makes more sense, thanks Matt, again I will try this tonight.

Thanks Matt, that was indeed the problem, I had assumed SSH was installed and it wasn’t, now I’ve done a
    apt-get install ssh

all is fine.. appreciate the help

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
The forum ‘Creator Platforms’ is closed to new topics and replies.