Unable to find ld-uClibc.so.0

This topic contains 20 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  renee 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

renee

Hi there,
    I am now try to debug an userland application follow the guide. I have already installed the debugger and load the file. However, I find there is no such libraries in the path GPL/buildroot/output/target/lib. When I extracted Minimorph_1_0-rel009.tar there were 6 folders named GLP but none of them has file ld-uClibc.so.0, libc.so.0 or libgcc_s.so.1. So when I tried to run the test program , the log shows” META [Shared Library Details] Unable to find dynamic loader library – /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0, debug information for shared libraries will not be loaded”. Is there anything wrong with my source file downloaded from the website? Could you please help me about this issue?

alastair

Codescape Debugger is loading debug information (in this case from ld.so, so that when a shared library is loaded, it then grabs the symbols from the libraries on the path.

This error you’ve gotten is because CS can’t find the ld.so. Try setting up the Shared Library Search paths in Codesape (Debug menu > Shared Library Search Paths) and adding paths to GPL/buildroot/output/target/lib and GPL/buildroot/output/target/usr/lib

renee

Actually I set the right path. However, there are no such files in the path which is GPL/buildroot/output/target/lib.

renee

Codescape Debugger is loading debug information (in this case from ld.so, so that when a shared library is loaded, it then grabs the symbols from the libraries on the path.

This error you’ve gotten is because CS can’t find the ld.so. Try setting up the Shared Library Search paths in Codesape (Debug menu > Shared Library Search Paths) and adding paths to GPL/buildroot/output/target/lib and GPL/buildroot/output/target/usr/lib

Dear Alastar, I extracted the “Minimorph Development Kit v1.9” file downloaded from the websitehttps://www.imgtec.com/downloadconfirmation.asp?SDK=Minimorph%20Development%20Kit%20v1.9&Title=Minimorph%20Development%20Kit%20v1.9). Then, I found there are 6 folders named GPL but none of them have the needed libs.

Sean

Renee,

Have you followed the instructions in the getting started guide and configured and built buildroot?

Once this is done, as my colleague suggests, you should find the files in GPL/buildroot/output/target/lib/

$ ls -l GPL/buildroot/output/target/lib/

firmware
    ld-uClibc-0.9.33.2.so
    ld-uClibc.so.0 -> ld-uClibc-0.9.33.2.so
    libcrypt-0.9.33.2.so
    libcrypt.so.0 -> libcrypt-0.9.33.2.so
    libc.so.0 -> libuClibc-0.9.33.2.so
    libdl-0.9.33.2.so
    libdl.so.0 -> libdl-0.9.33.2.so
    libgcc_s.so -> libgcc_s.so.1
    libgcc_s.so.1
    libiw.so -> libiw.so.29
    libiw.so.29
    libm-0.9.33.2.so
    libm.so.0 -> libm-0.9.33.2.so
    libnsl-0.9.33.2.so
    libnsl.so.0 -> libnsl-0.9.33.2.so
    libpthread-0.9.33.2.so
    libpthread.so.0 -> libpthread-0.9.33.2.so
    libresolv-0.9.33.2.so
    libresolv.so.0 -> libresolv-0.9.33.2.so
    librt-0.9.33.2.so
    librt.so.0 -> librt-0.9.33.2.so
    libuClibc-0.9.33.2.so
    libutil-0.9.33.2.so
    libutil.so.0 -> libutil-0.9.33.2.so
    modules

renee

Dear Seanr,

renee

Dear Seanr,
    I thought I followed all the steps on the guide, but to confirm , could you please discribe how to configure and build buildroot?

Sean

My distilled set of instructions are as follows:
    export CROSS_COMPILE=GPL/buildroot/output/host/usr/bin/metag-linux-
    cd GPL/buildroot
    make comet_minimorph_defconfig
    make

This should be enough to get the files that you require.

Sean.

renee

Thank you for your help, I am a green bird of linux, so I may make some simple mistakes. I am sure I didn’t compile the files in advance and maybe this is the reason cased my problem. I went to the path under Minimorph_rel009 and tried to type the commands you told me to the terminal, but it told me “make: *** No rule to make target comet_minimorph_deconfig’. Stop.” I thought I maybe made some silly mistakes. Do I need to login the board fist before I compile the files? Do I need to type these commands at the host terminal? There are so many folders named GPL, which one is the right one to compile?

Another thing is , the connection between host and the board always drop off automatically and I need to connect it all the times, could you please tell me the reason? Is it because of unable to debug the program?

Renee

alastair

Have you downloaded a copy of the Reference Manual? This explains how to build the kernel, in the Kernel Build Procedure section. The build process is done on the host; no need to connect the Minimorph to build the kernel and filesystem.

Any issues you are getting with the board connection are unlikely to be anything to do with the program debug problems. They are more likely to be a configuration issue with your host system. Are you connecting via USB cable?

renee

I dowloaded the Reference Manual but I didn’t read that carefully as I use starting guide as my stress. I found the section now and I will try it later. I still want to now wich GPL folder is the right one as there are 6 GPL folders in the source file.

Yes , I use USB cable to connect my board and the host. I use UBUNTU 13.04 as my host system and I thought it is not very stable.

alastair

When you unpack the downloaded files there will be a GPL and IMG directory created. The GPL directory contains buildroot, metag-linux and u-boot. This is the GPL directory referred to in the manuals.

renee

Could you please go to the address I quoted above and have a look at the files ? I extracted it and none of the 6 GPL folders contian all the three folders you mentioned .

alastair

Could you post the output from your search when you are finding these GPL directories?

renee

Sorry, I didn’t get the thing you want me to show….. Just go to the address and download the .tar file then extract it, you will see all the 6 GPL folders. Thus , you will get my situation.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.