Unable to reflash boot loader

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bmarshall 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

bmarshall

I follow the process in the getting started document to the letter. However upon running hostboot I get the following output:
    [root@localhost IMG]# ./hostboot ../flow_programmer.ldr
    beginning boot
    loading secload to 0xe02a0000
    extending boot ROM (secload entry 0xe0540000)
    loading data stream
    Response with incorrect header magic 0x0000
    Boot failed
    [root@localhost IMG]#

I am running CENTOS 6.0 (using the correct version of hostboot) in a virtual machine on a windows host. The USB device is passed straight into the virtual machine.
    Any ideas?

EDIT

Oh, and the output of lsub is

[root@localhost IMG]# lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 005: ID 1c5b:fa11

Sean

I’m having a look into this at the moment.

Which Virtual Machine environment are you using? I suspect this is part of the problem.

Do you have any native Linux boxes available?

bmarshall

I’m using virtual box. It is all 64 bit at the moment but have got round the problem of installing 32bit packages thus far. I have a native ubuntu install but noticed hostboot seems to have been built for CENTOS only?

Sean

Sorry, that’s a legacy way that we name things. The distribution in the filename describes what it was built on, [CentOS] but you won’t have an issue using it on Ubuntu, as long as you have the right architecture. I use Ubuntu on my Linux desktop and have no issues with hostboot.

bmarshall

Aah I see. I have tried following the getting started guide on my ubuntu install and everything is fine and dandy. Thanks for the help!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.