unsatisfiedlinkerror in android PVR

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  mkandula 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

mkandula

Hi,

I have a working shared library object for my app (libApp.so) and it works just fine.
    I need to interface with Java and have created a separate shared library (libTalkToJava.so) which gets loaded in java code as
    System.LoadLibrary(“TalkToJava”)
    Now, when I launch the app, TalkToJava gets loaded and JNI_ONLoad is callled and I also able to call my c++ functions from Java.
    However I need to call functions in libApp.so from libTalkToJava. I therefore link this in TalkToJava’s android.mk as
    LOCAL_SHARED_LIBRARIES := App
    If I now compile (compiles fine with calling functions in libApp.so) and launch, I am getting unsatisfiedlinkerror when the TalkToJava is getting loaded. 
    java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Cannot load library: link_image[1963]:    82 could not load needed library ‘libApp.so’ for ‘libTalkToJava.so’ (load_library[1105]: Library ‘libApp.so’ not found)
    How can libApp.so be not found ?? 
    Can you please tell me what the problem is and how I can lload a library that is linked in the manner as described above??

mkandula2012-06-15 10:45:00

mkandula

The answer for this turns out to ensure all the c++ code related to Talk2Java scoped between

extern “C” { }
    Apparently the signature of the function in c++ gets changed otherwise !!!
    Also if libApp.so is the “main” library, then you should ONLY load explicitly other .so’s in Java code. Thus for my case, I needed to have “extern” calls from libApp.so  to libTalk2Java. 

mkandula2012-06-20 06:20:36

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.