Why does the ethernet over usb connection keep dropping out.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sean 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

bmarshall

Every time I connect the development board to my laptop and configure it as per the getting started guide (log in with screen, static ip setup etc) and establish a connection, within seconds the connection is dropped again. Is there any way of finding out what the problem is?

Thanks in advance!

Sean

That is an issue with certain distributions of Linux where network manager tries to override what you’ve setup.

We are due to release a new version of the SDK this week which has an update network setup to try and avoid this kind of issue universally for all distributions.

For now, I would suggest:

• Make a copy of the interface MAC address on the host
    • Open Network Manager (something like: edit connections on taskbar or system preferences – network connections in Gnome launcher)
    • Add new interface
    • Paste in MAC address to Device MAC Address
    • Goto IPv4 Settings tba
    • Change Method to Manual
    • Click Add and set your address as you have been doing so with the ifconfig command.

In the forthcoming release the MAC address will remain constant so you will only have to setup the config once. Unfortunately, in the 1r7 release you have, the MAC address changes each time you restart the connection so you will have to repeat this procedure.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.