working with Blender

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Scott 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #29618

    rhsy
    Member

    I use Blender 2.48 for making 3D contents.

    But I face some problem. please tell me why ?

    1. I made “A Simple Winter Scene” that is tutorial at http://biorust.com/index.php?page=tutorial_detail&tutid=81&lang=en

    and I export this scene to the Collada 1.3.2.

    but the Collada2PODGUI.exe/Collada2POD.exe nothing to do with exported collada file.

    really nothig. no message. no output. but program execute finish.

    Why ?

    2. then, I export this scene to the Collada 1.4. the Collada2POD works.

    but when I open pod file that created Collada2POD using PVRShaman, I got many errors as follow. The PVRShaman show gray scaled 3D image.

    Why I got these error ? what feature can I use for materials ?

    — Loading Effects —

    — Loading Effects —

    — Loading Effects —

    — Loading Effects —

    Invalid effect

    Materia ‘Snow’ … failed.

    Node ‘Cone_025’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.

    Node ‘Cone_024’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.

    Node ‘Cone_023’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.

    Node ‘Cone_022’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.

    Node ‘Cone_021’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.

    Node ‘Cone_020’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.

    Node ‘Cone_019’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.

    Node ‘Cone_018’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.

    Node ‘Cone_017’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.

    Node ‘Cone_016’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.

    Node ‘Cone_015’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.

    Node ‘Cone_014’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.

    Node ‘Cone_013’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.

    Node ‘Cone_012’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.

    Node ‘Cone_011’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.

    Node ‘Cone_010’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.

    Node ‘Cone_009’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.

    Node ‘Cone_008’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.

    Node ‘Cone_007’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.

    Node ‘Cone_006’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.

    Node ‘Cone_005’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.

    Node ‘Cone_004’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.

    Node ‘Cone_003’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.

    Node ‘Cone_002’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.

    Node ‘Cone_001’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.

    Node ‘Cone’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.

    Material ‘Fir Tree’ using texture ‘nec_0002.jpg’ … failed.

    Material ‘Fir Tree’ using texture ‘nec_0002.jpg’ … failed.

    Material ‘Fir Tree_001’ using texture ‘nec_0002.jpg’ … passed.

    Invalid effect

    Material ‘Orange’ … failed.

    3. I added animation to my blender Scene, re-export, convert and open the PVRShaman. but PVRShaman does not show animation. Why ? I enable ‘Sample Animation’ at blender collada 1.4 export dialog.

    Best Regards,

    Yasuhiro Mitsui

    #32439

    Scott
    Moderator
    Hi,

     

    rhsy wrote:
    1. I made “A Simple Winter Scene” that is tutorial at http://biorust.com/index.php?page=tutorial_detail&tutid=81&lang=en
    and I export this scene to the Collada 1.3.2.
    but the Collada2PODGUI.exe/Collada2POD.exe nothing to do with exported collada file.
    really nothig. no message. no output. but program execute finish.
    Why ?

     

    Collada2POD only supports the Collada 1.4.1 schema so this is why your scene wasn’t converted.

     

    rhsy wrote:
    2. then, I export this scene to the Collada 1.4. the Collada2POD works.
    but when I open pod file that created Collada2POD using PVRShaman, I got many errors as follow. The PVRShaman show gray scaled 3D image.
    Why I got these error ? what feature can I use for materials ?

    — Loading Effects —
    — Loading Effects —
    — Loading Effects —
    — Loading Effects —
    Invalid effect
    Materia ‘Snow’ … failed.
    Node ‘Cone_025’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.
    Node ‘Cone_024’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.
    Node ‘Cone_023’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.
    Node ‘Cone_022’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.
    Node ‘Cone_021’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.
    Node ‘Cone_020’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.
    Node ‘Cone_019’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.
    Node ‘Cone_018’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.
    Node ‘Cone_017’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.
    Node ‘Cone_016’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.
    Node ‘Cone_015’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.
    Node ‘Cone_014’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.
    Node ‘Cone_013’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.
    Node ‘Cone_012’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.
    Node ‘Cone_011’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.
    Node ‘Cone_010’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.
    Node ‘Cone_009’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.
    Node ‘Cone_008’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.
    Node ‘Cone_007’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.
    Node ‘Cone_006’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.
    Node ‘Cone_005’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.
    Node ‘Cone_004’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.
    Node ‘Cone_003’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.
    Node ‘Cone_002’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.
    Node ‘Cone_001’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.
    Node ‘Cone’ does not contain UVs, material ‘FirTree’ requires them.
    Material ‘Fir Tree’ using texture ‘nec_0002.jpg’ … failed.

    Material ‘Fir Tree’ using texture ‘nec_0002.jpg’ … failed.
    Material ‘Fir Tree_001’ using texture ‘nec_0002.jpg’ … passed.
    Invalid effect
    Material ‘Orange’ … failed.

     

    I’ve had a quick look at the tutorial so what I say may be incorrect but I think the reason Materials ‘Orange’ and ‘Snow’ failed is because they are just a colour and PVRShaman only supports materials that have a texture or a shader.

     

    The ‘Fir Tree’ material appears to be failing because the meshes it has been applied to don’t have UV coordinates. If you’re using Collada2POD GUI do you have ‘mapping channels’ ticked? If it is ticked or you are using the command-line version does the collada file contain UVs for those objects listed?

     

    rhsy wrote:
    3. I added animation to my blender Scene, re-export, convert and open the PVRShaman. but PVRShaman does not show animation. Why ? I enable ‘Sample Animation’ at blender collada 1.4 export dialog.

     

    Did you enable the ‘export controllers’ option in Collada2POD (assuming you’re using the GUI)?
    #32440

    rhsy
    Member
    Scott,

     

    Scott wrote:

    I’ve had a quick look at the tutorial so what I say may be incorrect but I think the reason Materials ‘Orange’ and ‘Snow’ failed is because they are just a colour and PVRShaman only supports materials that have a texture or a shader.

     

    The ‘Fir Tree’ material appears to be failing because the meshes it has been applied to don’t have UV coordinates. If you’re using Collada2POD GUI do you have ‘mapping channels’ ticked? If it is ticked or you are using the command-line version does the collada file contain UVs for those objects listed?

     

    Thanks. I add the UVTexture to Mesh. The error has gone and the ‘Fir Tree’ got textured Image in PVRSharman. but when I change texture image file, ‘Cone’ still has previus image. Do you know why ?

     

    Scott wrote:

    Did you enable the ‘export controllers’ option in Collada2POD (assuming you’re using the GUI)?

     

    Yes. I enabled the ‘export controllers’ in Collada2PODGUI. (yes, I use the GUI)
    #32441

    rhsy
    Member
    Scott,

     

    rhsy wrote:

    Thanks. I add the UVTexture to Mesh. The error has gone and the ‘Fir Tree’ got textured Image in PVRSharman. but when I change texture image file, ‘Cone’ still has previus image. Do you know why ?

     

     

    I had following mismatch between Blender and PVRSharman.

    1. The scene on PVRSharman is rotated. It’s top view.

    2. The Camera Location is different.

    3. The Opacity for any material is 0. When I change to 1, I can see it.

     

    Do you know why ?
    #32442

    Scott
    Moderator
    rhsy wrote:

    when I change texture image file, ‘Cone’ still has previus image. Do you know why ?

     

     

    No I’m afraid I’m not able to replicate the problem here.

     

    rhsy wrote:

    3. The Opacity for any material is 0. When I change to 1, I can see it.

     

    The way transparancy was described in the collada file was changed between 1.4 and 1.4.1 so collada files exported using a 1.4 exporter will end up with the opacity set to 0 when converted with Collada2POD.

     

    rhsy wrote:

    I had following mismatch between Blender and PVRSharman.

    1. The scene on PVRSharman is rotated. It’s top view.

    2. The Camera Location is different

     

    Would it be possible for you to send your collada file to devtech@imgtec.com so I could take a look. I can also find out why you aren’t seeing the animations.
    #32443

    rhsy
    Member
    I send my files to you by e-mail.

     

    Scott wrote:

    rhsy wrote:

    3. The Opacity for any material is 0. When I change to 1, I can see it.

     

    The way transparancy was described in the collada file was changed between 1.4 and 1.4.1 so collada files exported using a 1.4 exporter will end up with the opacity set to 0 when converted with Collada2POD.

     

    Do you have plan for Collada2POD support these two collada versions ?
    #32444

    Scott
    Moderator

    Hi,

     

    Thanks for the files I was able to reproduce the problems you are seeing and they look like possible bugs in Collada2POD. I’ll have a look at fixing them as soon as possible.

     

    Quote:

    Do you have plan for Collada2POD support these two collada versions ?

     

    No plans at present though I may see if I can add a special case for the zero opacity.
    #32445

    rhsy
    Member
    Scott wrote:
    Hi,

     

    Thanks for the files I was able to reproduce the problems you are seeing and they look like possible bugs in Collada2POD. I’ll have a look at fixing them as soon as possible.

     

     

    When will you release ? It’s serias for me.

     

    Scott wrote:
    Hi,

    Quote:

    Do you have plan for Collada2POD support these two collada versions ?

     

    No plans at present though I may see if I can add a special case for the zero opacity.
     

    please add.

     

    Best Regards,

    Yasuhiro Mitsui
    #32446

    Scott
    Moderator
    rhsy wrote:
    Scott wrote:
    Hi,

     

    Thanks for the files I was able to reproduce the problems you are seeing and they look like possible bugs in Collada2POD. I’ll have a look at fixing them as soon as possible.

     

     

    When will you release ? It’s serias for me.
     

    I’m afraid I haven’t had a chance to take a look yet so can’t give you a date when it will be done by. I’m hoping I’ll get a chance to next week but can’t promise anything.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.